(A) To qualify for appointment to the board of directors of JobsOhio, an individual must satisfy all of the following:
(1) Has an understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial statements;
(2) Possesses the ability to assess the general application of such principles in connection with the accounting for estimates, accruals, and reserves;
(3) Has experience preparing, auditing, analyzing, or evaluating financial statements that present a breadth and level of complexity of accounting issues that are generally comparable to the breadth and complexity of issues that can reasonably be expected to be presented by the JobsOhio corporation's financial statements, or experience actively supervising one or more persons engaged in such activities;
(4) Has an understanding of internal controls and the procedures for financial reporting;
(5) Has an understanding of audit committee functions.
(B) Specific experience demonstrating the qualifications required by division (A) of this section may be evidenced by any of the following:
(1) Education and experience as a principal financial officer, principal accounting officer, controller, public accountant or auditor, or experience in one or more positions that involve the performance of similar functions;
(2) Experience actively supervising a principal financial officer, principal accounting officer, controller, public accountant, auditor, or person performing similar functions;
(3) Experience overseeing or assessing the performance of companies or public accountants with respect to the preparation, auditing, or evaluation of financial statements
(C) Each individual appointed to the board of directors shall be a citizen of the United States. At least six of the individuals appointed to the board shall be residents of or domiciled in this state.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 6/30/2011.
Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.1, HB 1, §1, eff. 2/18/2011.