(A) All political subdivisions of the state are eligible to apply for awards under the local government innovation program. Applications shall be submitted to the department of development on a form specified by the director of development. The department shall provide the application to the local government innovation council for evaluation and selection.
The local government innovation council shall award loans and grants under the program in accordance with a competitive process to be developed by the council.
(B) Not later than December 31, 2011, the council shall establish criteria for evaluating proposals and making awards to political subdivisions. The criteria shall be developed in consultation with nonpublic entities involved in local government issues, state institutions of higher education, and the department of development, as determined by the council. The criteria shall include a requirement that at least one of the political subdivisions that is a party to the proposal provide matching funds. The matching funds may be provided by a nonpublic entity. The criteria for evaluating proposals may include the following provisions:
(1) The expected return on investment, based on the ratio of expected savings;
(2) The number of participating entities in the proposal;
(3) The probability of the proposal's success;
(4) The percentage of local matching funds available;
(5) The ability to replicate the proposal in other political subdivisions;
(6) Whether the proposal is part of a larger consolidation effort by the applicant or applicants;
(7) Whether the proposal is to implement performance audit or other audit recommendations under Chapter 117. of the Revised Code;
(8) Whether the applicant has successfully completed an innovation project in the past.
Cite as R.C. § 189.06
History. Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.63, HB 371, §1, eff. 3/22/2012.
Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 6/30/2011.