As used in this chapter:
(A) "Administrative safeguards," "availability," "confidentiality," "integrity," "physical safeguards," and "technical safeguards" have the same meanings as in 45 C.F.R. 164.304.
(B) "Business associate," "covered entity," "health plan," "individually identifiable health information," and "protected health information" have the same meanings as in 45 C.F.R. 160.103.
(C) "Executive director of the office of health transformation" or "executive director" means the executive director of the office of health transformation or the chief administrative officer of a successor governmental entity responsible for health system oversight in this state.
(D) "Government program providing public benefits" means any program administered by a state agency that has been identified, pursuant to section 191.02 of the Revised Code, by the executive director of the office of health transformation in consultation with the individuals specified in that section.
(E) "Office of health transformation" means the office of health transformation created by executive order 2011-02K.
(F) "Operating protocol" means a protocol adopted by the executive director of the office of health transformation or the executive director's designee under division (D) of section 191.06 of the Revised Code.
(G) "Participating agency" means a state agency that participates in a health transformation initiative as specified in the one or more operating protocols adopted for the initiative under division (D) of section 191.06 of the Revised Code.
(H) "Personally identifiable information" means information that meets both of the following criteria:
(1) It identifies an individual or there is a reasonable basis to believe that it may be used to identify an individual;
(2) It relates to an individual's eligibility for, application for, or receipt of public benefits from a government program providing public benefits.
(I) "State agency" means each of the following:
(1) The department of administrative services;
(2) The department of aging;
(3) The development services agency;
(4) The department of developmental disabilities;
(5) The department of education;
(6) The department of health;
(7) The department of insurance;
(8) The department of job and family services;
(9) The department of medicaid;
(10) The department of mental health and addiction services;
(11) The department of rehabilitation and correction;
(12) The department of taxation;
(13) The department of veterans services;
(14) The department of youth services.
(J) "Unsecured" has the same meaning as in 16 C.F.R. 318.2.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.
Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127,HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.