A person applying for appointment as a guardian, including, but not limited to, as a limited guardian, pursuant to section 2111.02 of the Revised Code, shall file with the probate court an application that contains a statement of the whole estate of the ward, its probable value, and the probable annual rents of the ward's real property, and that also contains the following:
(A) A statement whether the applicant ever has been charged with or convicted of any crime involving theft, physical violence, or sexual, alcohol, or substance abuse, and, if the applicant has been so charged or convicted, the date and place of each charge and each conviction;
(B) A statement whether a limited guardianship is sought and, if sought, a specification of the limited powers that are requested and a statement whether the limited guardianship is to be for a definite or indefinite period;
(C) In the case of an application for the appointment of a guardian of a minor, all of the following:
(1) Name, age, and residence of the minor;
(2) Name and residence of each parent of the minor;
(3) Name, degree of kinship, age, and address of next of kin of the minor, if no parent is living or if a parent of the minor is absent, under disability, or for other reason cannot be notified;
(4) Name and residence address of the person having custody of the minor.
(D) In the case of an application for the appointment of a guardian of an alleged incompetent, all of the following:
(1) Name, age, and residence of the person for whom such appointment is sought;
(2) Facts upon which the application is based;
(3) Name, degree of kinship, age, and address of the next of kin of the alleged incompetent.
The court, on its own motion, shall proceed as provided in this chapter, upon suggestion by the bureau of workers' compensation that any person who has made application for or been awarded compensation or death benefits as an employee or the dependent of a killed employee is a minor or incompetent. In that case, no application need be filed and the bureau shall furnish the court with the name and residence of such person and the name, degree of kinship, age, and address of the father, mother, or next of kin of such person insofar as known by the bureau.
Effective Date: 10-08-1992