(A) A child alleged to be or adjudicated an unruly child may be held only in the following places:
(1) A certified family foster home or a home approved by the court;
(2) A facility operated by a certified child welfare agency;
(3) Any other suitable place designated by the court.
(1) Except as provided under division (C)(1) of section 2151.311 of the Revised Code, a child alleged to be or adjudicated a neglected child, an abused child, a dependent child, or an unruly child may not be held in any of the following facilities:
(a) A state correctional institution, county, multicounty, or municipal jail or workhouse, or other place in which an adult convicted of a crime, under arrest, or charged with a crime is held;
(b) A secure correctional facility.
(2) Except as provided under sections 2151.27 to 2151.59 of the Revised Code and division (B)(3) of this section and except when a case is transferred under section 2152.12 of the Revised Code, a child alleged to be or adjudicated an unruly child may not be held for more than twenty-four hours in a detention facility. A child alleged to be or adjudicated a neglected child, an abused child, or a dependent child shall not be held in a detention facility.
(3) A child who is alleged to be or adjudicated an unruly child and who is taken into custody on a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, as listed in section 1.14 of the Revised Code, may be held in a detention facility until the next succeeding day that is not a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.38, SB 122, §1, eff. 6/30/2011.
Effective Date: 01-01-2002