(1) Extend to a judgment rendered on a mortgage executed, or security interest given on real or personal property by a debtor or to a claim for less than four hundred dollars for manual work or labor;
(2) Impair the lien, by mortgage or otherwise, of the vendor for the purchase money of real or personal property that the debtor or a dependent of the debtor uses as a residence or the lien of a mechanic or other person, under a statute of this state, for materials furnished or labor performed in the erection of a dwelling house on real property;
(3) Affect or invalidate any mortgage on any real property or any lien created by such a mortgage;
(4) Impair a lien for the payment of taxes, debts, or other obligations owed to this state or any agency or political subdivision of this state;
(5) Extend to a judgment rendered against a debtor for tortious operation of a motor vehicle by the debtor that results in injury, death, or loss to person or property if that injury, death, or loss was caused at a time when the debtor failed to maintain proof of financial responsibility as defined in section 4509.01 of the Revised Code.
(B) No promise, agreement, or contract shall be made or entered into that would waive the exemption laws of this state, and every promise, agreement, or contract insofar as it seeks to waive the exemption laws of this state is void.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.201, HB 479, §1, eff. 3/27/2013.
Effective Date: 09-28-1979