2719.01 Intention of parties.

When there is an omission, defect, or error in an instrument in writing or in a proceeding by reason of the inadvertence of an officer, or of a party, person, or body corporate, so that it is not in strict conformity with the laws of this state, the courts of this state may give full effect to such instrument or proceeding, according to the true, manifest intention of the parties thereto.

Effective Date: 10-01-1953 .

2719.02 Certain errors, defects, and omissions may be corrected.

When an error, omission, or defect as described in section 2719.01 of the Revised Code occurs in an instrument or proceeding which is required to be made a matter of record, a party, person, body corporate, or persons intending and undertaking to become a body corporate, having or claiming an interest in the correction of such error, omission, or defect, may file a petition in the court of common pleas, setting forth particularly the error, defect, or omission complained of, and asking an order for its correction.

Cite as R.C. § 2719.02

Effective Date: 10-01-1953 .

2719.03 Petition to be filed.

When the record to be corrected is in any way connected with a body corporate, the petition mentioned in section 2719.02 of the Revised Code shall be filed in the county wherein the principal office of such corporation is located, and in all other cases, in the county wherein the record is kept.

Cite as R.C. § 2719.03

Effective Date: 10-01-1953 .

2719.04 Service.

When the application provided for in section 2719.02 of the Revised Code is made by a body corporate, or by persons intending and undertaking to become such, notice of the application, specifying the error, defect, or omission complained of, and the time and place of hearing it, shall be published for six consecutive weeks in some newspaper of general circulation in the county where the application is made. In all other cases, service shall be made in the manner prescribed by law for making service in civil actions.

Cite as R.C. § 2719.04

Effective Date: 10-01-1953 .

2719.05 Order to correct error.

Upon being satisfied that the mistake, error, or omission set forth in the application under section 2719.02 of the Revised Code was made, the court of common pleas shall make an order to correct it, which order shall be filed in the office wherein such record is required to be kept. From and after such filing, such record, and the order correcting it, shall be received as evidence in all cases, in all courts, as if no such error, omission, or defect ever existed.

Cite as R.C. § 2719.05

Effective Date: 10-01-1953 .

2719.06 Court may correct errors in deed involving husband and wife.

The court of common pleas may correct, amend, and relieve against errors, defects, or mistakes occurring in the deed or other conveyance of a husband and wife, executed and intended to convey or encumber the lands or estate of the wife, or her right of dower in the lands of her husband, in the manner and to the extent that such courts are authorized to correct errors, mistakes, or defects in the deeds or conveyances of other persons.

Effective Date: 10-01-1953 .