2729.15 Restoring lost or destroyed records of judgments.

When the record or any part thereof of the proceedings, judgment, or decree in an action or other proceeding of a court in this state in which the final judgment has been rendered, is lost or destroyed by fire, riot, or civil commotion, and such loss cannot be supplied or replaced as provided in section 2729.14 of the Revised Code, any person interested therein may make a written application to the court to which such record belongs, setting forth its substance, which shall be verified in the manner provided for the verification of pleadings in a civil action. Thereupon summons shall issue and actual service or service by publication shall be made upon all persons interested in or affected by such original judgment or final entry, in the manner provided by law for the commencement of civil actions, except that parties may waive the issuing or service of summons and enter their appearance to such application.

Effective Date: 10-01-1953 .