2933.09 Warrant to keep the peace - failure to enter into bond.

In the case of an appeal from the decision of a mayor sitting as the judge of a mayor's court to the appropriate municipal or county court, if the accused fails to enter into a bond ordered pursuant to section 2933.08 of the Revised Code, the municipal or county court shall commit the accused to jail until he enters into a bond or is discharged by law, and shall render judgment against him for costs and award execution for the costs. He shall not be imprisoned longer than one year.

After such a commitment following such an appeal, or after a commitment of not more than one year for not entering into a bond ordered pursuant to section 2933.05 of the Revised Code, if such an appeal was not taken, the court may at any time discharge the accused on his own recognizance.

Effective Date: 03-17-1987.