(A) At the execution of a death sentence, only the following persons may be present:
(1) The warden of the state correctional institution in which the sentence is executed or a deputy warden, any other person selected by the director of rehabilitation and correction to ensure that the death sentence is executed, any persons necessary to execute the death sentence by lethal injection, and the number of correction officers that the warden thinks necessary;
(2) The sheriff of the county in which the prisoner was tried and convicted;
(3) The director of rehabilitation and correction, or the director's agent;
(4) Physicians of the state correctional institution in which the sentence is executed;
(5) The clergyperson in attendance upon the prisoner, and not more than three other persons, to be designated by the prisoner, who are not confined in any state institution;
(6) Not more than three persons to be designated by the immediate family of the victim;
(7) Representatives of the news media as authorized by the director of rehabilitation and correction.
(B) The director shall authorize at least one representative of a newspaper, at least one representative of a television station, and at least one representative of a radio station to be present at the execution of the sentence under division (A)(7) of this section.
Effective Date: 11-21-2001