(A) Except as provided in division (B) of this section, any of the following persons shall be immune from liability in a civil action to recover damages for injury, death, or loss to person or property allegedly caused by an act or omission in connection with a power, duty, responsibility, or authorization under this chapter or under rules adopted under authority of this chapter:
(1) An officer or employee of the bureau of criminal identification and investigation;
(2) The attorney general, a chief of police, marshal, or other chief law enforcement officer of a municipal corporation, a sheriff, a constable or chief of police of a township police department or police district police force, and a deputy, officer, or employee of the office of the attorney general, the law enforcement agency served by the marshal or the municipal or township chief, the office of the sheriff, or the constable;
(3) A prosecutor and an officer or employee of the office of a prosecutor;
(4) A supervising officer and an officer or employee of the adult parole authority of the department of rehabilitation and correction;
(5) A supervising officer and an officer or employee of the department of youth services;
(7) A managing officer of a state correctional institution and an officer or employee of the department of rehabilitation and correction;
(8) A person identified in division (A)(2), (3), (4), (5), (6), or (7) of section 2950.11 of the Revised Code, an organization or person identified in division (A)(10) of that section, or the agent of that person or organization;
(B) The immunity described in division (A) of this section does not apply to a person described in divisions (A)(1) to (8) of this section if, in relation to the act or omission in question, any of the following applies:
(1) The act or omission was manifestly outside the scope of the person's employment or official responsibilities.
(2) The act or omission was with malicious purpose, in bad faith, or in a wanton or reckless manner.
(3) Liability for the act or omission is expressly imposed by a section of the Revised Code.
Effective Date: 07-31-2003; 2007 SB10 01-01-2008