(A) A court of common pleas may cooperate with the department of rehabilitation and correction in the supervision of offenders who return to the court's territorial jurisdiction after serving a prison term. The court, after consultation with the board of county commissioners, may enter into an agreement with the department allowing the court and the parole board to make joint decisions relating to parole and post-release control to the extent permitted by section 2967.28 of the Revised Code.
(B) An agreement made under this section shall include at least all of the following:
(1) The categories of offenders with regard to which the court may participate in making decisions;
(2) The process by which the offenders in each category will be identified;
(3) The process by which the court and the parole board will monitor offenders and make recommendations regarding programming while the offenders are in prison;
(4) The process by which the court will participate in setting appropriate sanctions and conditions on offenders who leave prison on post-release control or parole;
(5) The process by which the court may participate in reducing the duration of the period of post-release control;
(6) Guidelines for the supervision of offenders under post-release control or parole supervision;
(7) Guidelines for sanctions for violations of parole or post-release control;
(8) Provisions that take into account the perspective of affected victims.
(C) A court that enters into an agreement under this section shall provide the department of rehabilitation and correction with a presentence investigation upon the offender's admission to prison. The department shall provide the court with a summary of an offender's progress while in prison prior to the release of the offender.
Effective Date: 2008 HB130 04-07-2009 .