(A) Upon the recommendation of the county law library resources boards of two or more adjacent counties, the boards of county commissioners of those counties may enter into a contract to form a multi-county law library resources commission for the purpose of collaborating on behalf of the member counties in carrying out any or all of the duties and responsibilities conferred upon a county law library resources board by sections 307.51 to 307.516 of the Revised Code. The commission shall administer the contract. Members of the commission shall consist of the chairperson of each participating county law library resources board and one member from each of the county law library resources boards, who shall be designated by the members of each of the county law library resources boards.
(B) The contract shall do all of the following:
(1) Prescribe the structure, management, and responsibilities of the commission;
(2) Provide for a process to establish the annual budget for the commission that includes a requirement that the annual budget be approved by all of the boards of county commissioners of the member counties;
(3) Apportion the annual operating costs of the commission to each member county;
(4) Designate the expenditure of funds from the county law library resources fund of each member county;
(5) Address amendments to the contract.
(C) The contract shall be for a period of not less than three calendar years and not more than five calendar years.
Effective Date: 2008 HB420 12-30-2008