Where competitive bidding is required by section 307.86 of the Revised Code, notice thereof shall be given in the following manner:
(A) Notice shall be published once a week for not less than two consecutive weeks preceding the day of the opening of bids in a newspaper of general circulation within the county for any purchase, lease, lease with option or agreement to purchase, or construction contract in excess of fifty thousand dollars. The contracting authority may also cause notice to be inserted in trade papers or other publications designated by it or to be distributed by electronic means, including posting the notice on the contracting authority's internet site on the world wide web. If the contracting authority posts the notice on that location on the world wide web, it may eliminate the second notice otherwise required to be published in a newspaper of general circulation within the county, provided that the first notice published in such a newspaper meets all of the following requirements:
(1) It is published at least two weeks before the opening of bids.
(2) It includes a statement that the notice is posted on the contracting authority's internet site on the world wide web.
(3) It includes the internet address of the contracting authority's internet site on the world wide web.
(4) It includes instructions describing how the notice may be accessed on the contracting authority's internet site on the world wide web.
(B) Notices shall state all of the following:
(1) A general description of the subject of the proposed contract and the time and place where the plans and specifications or itemized list of supplies, facilities, or equipment and estimated quantities can be obtained or examined;
(2) The time and place where bids will be opened;
(3) The time and place for filing bids;
(4) The terms of the proposed purchase;
(5) Conditions under which bids will be received;
(C) The contracting authority shall also maintain in a public place in its office or other suitable public place a bulletin board upon which it shall post and maintain a copy of such notice for at least two weeks preceding the day of the opening of the bids.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.141, HB 509, §1, eff. 9/28/2012.
Effective Date: 09-26-2003