(A) A petition for adoption shall be prepared and filed according to the procedure for commencing an action under the Rules of Civil Procedure. It shall include the following information:
(1) The date and place of birth of the person to be adopted, if known;
(2) The name of the person to be adopted, if known;
(3) The name to be used for the person to be adopted;
(4) The date of placement of a minor and the name of the person placing the minor;
(5) The full name, age, place, and duration of residence of the petitioner;
(6) The marital status of the petitioner, including the date and place of marriage, if married;
(7) The relationship to the petitioner of the person to be adopted;
(8) That the petitioner has facilities and resources suitable to provide for the nurture and care of the person to be adopted, and that it is the desire of the petitioner to establish the relationship of parent and child with the person to be adopted;
(9) A description and estimate of value of all property of the person to be adopted;
(10) The name and address, if known, of any person whose consent to the adoption is required, but who has not consented, and facts that explain the lack of the consent normally required to the adoption.
(B) A certified copy of the birth certificate of the person to be adopted, if available, and ordinary copies of the required consents, and relinquishments of consents, if any, shall be filed with the clerk.
Cite as R.C. § 3107.05
History. Effective Date: 01-01-1977