(A) The required consent to adoption may be executed at any time after seventy-two hours after the birth of a minor, and shall be executed in the following manner:
(1) If by the person to be adopted, in the presence of the court;
(2) If by a parent of the person to be adopted, in accordance with section 3107.081 of the Revised Code;
(3) If by an agency, by the executive head or other authorized representative, in the presence of a person authorized to take acknowledgments;
(4) If by any other person, in the presence of the court or in the presence of a person authorized to take acknowledgments;
(5) If by a juvenile court, by appropriate order.
(B) A consent which does not name or otherwise identify the prospective adoptive parent is valid if it contains a statement by the person giving consent that it was voluntarily executed irrespective of disclosure of the name or other identification of the prospective adoptive parent.
Effective Date: 09-18-1996