(A) The children's trust fund board, upon the recommendation of the director of job and family services, shall approve the employment of an executive director who will administer the programs of the board.
(B) The department of job and family services shall provide budgetary, procurement, accounting, and other related management functions for the board and may adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code for these purposes. An amount not to exceed three per cent of the total amount of fees deposited in the children's trust fund in each fiscal year may be used for costs directly related to these administrative functions of the department. Each fiscal year, the board shall approve a budget for administrative expenditures for the next fiscal year.
(C) The board may request that the department adopt rules the board considers necessary for the purpose of carrying out the board's responsibilities under this section, and the department may adopt those rules. The department may, after consultation with the board and the executive director, adopt any other rules to assist the board in carrying out its responsibilities under this section. In either case, the rules shall be adopted under Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
(D) The board shall meet at least quarterly at the call of the chairperson to conduct its official business. All business transactions of the board shall be conducted in public meetings. Eight members of the board constitute a quorum. A majority of the quorum is required to make all decisions of the board.
(E) With respect to funding, all of the following apply:
(1) The board may apply for and accept federal and other funds for the purpose of funding child abuse and child neglect prevention programs.
(2) The board may solicit and accept gifts, money, and other donations from any public or private source, including individuals, philanthropic foundations or organizations, corporations, or corporation endowments.
(3) The board may develop private-public partnerships to support the mission of the children's trust fund.
(4) The acceptance and use of federal and other funds shall not entail any commitment or pledge of state funds, nor obligate the general assembly to continue the programs or activities for which the federal and other funds are made available.
(5) All funds received in the manner described in this section shall be transmitted to the treasurer of state, who shall credit them to the children's trust fund created in section 3109.14 of the Revised Code.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 64, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2015.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2011.
Effective Date: 04-07-2003; 09-21-2006
Related Legislative Provision: See 129th General AssemblyFile No.39, SB 171, §4