(A) When a responding tribunal of this state receives a complaint or comparable pleading from an initiating tribunal or directly pursuant to section 3115.12 of the Revised Code, it shall cause the complaint or pleading to be filed and notify the plaintiff where and when it was filed.
(B) A responding tribunal of this state, to the extent otherwise authorized by law, may do one or more of the following consistent with applicable sections of Chapters 3105., 3109., 3111., 3113., 3119., 3121., 3123., and 3125. of the Revised Code:
(1) Issue or enforce a support order, modify a child support order, or determine the existence or nonexistence of a parent and child relationship;
(2) Order an obligor to comply with a support order, specifying the amount and the manner of compliance;
(3) Order income withholding;
(4) Determine the amount of any arrearages, and specify a method of payment;
(5) Enforce orders by civil or criminal contempt, or both;
(6) Set aside property for satisfaction of the support order;
(7) Place liens and order execution on the obligor's property;
(8) Order an obligor to keep the support enforcement agency of this state or the tribunal informed of the obligor's current residential address, telephone number, employer, address of employment, and telephone number at the place of employment;
(9) Issue a bench warrant for an obligor who has failed after proper notice to appear at a hearing ordered by the tribunal and enter the bench warrant in any local and state computer systems for criminal warrants;
(10) Order the obligor to seek appropriate employment by specified methods;
(11) Award reasonable attorney's fees and other fees and costs;
(12) Grant any other available remedy.
(C) A responding tribunal or support enforcement agency of this state shall include in a support order issued under sections 3115.01 to 3115.59 of the Revised Code, or in the documents accompanying the order, the calculations on which the support order is based.
(D) A responding tribunal of this state may not condition the payment of a support order issued under sections 3115.01 to 3115.59 of the Revised Code upon compliance by a party with provisions for parenting time or visitation.
(E) If a responding tribunal or support enforcement agency of this state issues an order under sections 3115.01 to 3115.59 of the Revised Code, the tribunal or support enforcement agency shall send a copy of the order to the plaintiff and the defendant and to the initiating tribunal, if any.
Repealed by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 64, §105.01, eff. 1/1/2016.
Effective Date: 03-22-2001