(B) A support enforcement agency that is providing services to the plaintiff, as appropriate, shall do all of the following:
(1) Take all steps necessary to enable an appropriate tribunal in this state or another state to obtain jurisdiction over the defendant;
(2) Request an appropriate tribunal to set a date, time, and place for a hearing;
(3) Make a reasonable effort to obtain all relevant information, including information as to income and property of the parties;
(4) Within two days, not including Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays, after receipt of a written notice from a tribunal pursuant to sections 3115.01 to 3115.59 of the Revised Code, send a copy of the notice to the plaintiff;
(5) Within two days, not including Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays, after receipt of a written communication from the defendant or the defendant's attorney, send a copy of the communication to the plaintiff;
(6) Notify the plaintiff if jurisdiction over the defendant cannot be obtained.
(C) Sections 3115.01 to 3115.59 of the Revised Code do not create or negate a relationship of attorney and client or other fiduciary relationship between a support enforcement agency or the attorney for the agency and the individual being assisted by the agency.
Cite as R.C. § 3115.18
History. Effective Date: 01-01-1998