(A) Upon receipt of an income withholding order, the obligor's payor shall immediately provide a copy of the order to the obligor.
(B) The payor shall treat an income withholding order issued in another state which appears regular on its face as if it had been issued by a tribunal or support enforcement agency of this state.
(C) Except as otherwise provided in division (D) of this section and section 3115.34 of the Revised Code, the payor shall withhold and distribute the funds as directed in the withholding order by complying with terms of the order that specify:
(1) The duration and amount of periodic payments of support, stated as a sum certain;
(2) The person or agency designated to receive payments and the address to which the payments are to be forwarded;
(3) Medical support, whether in the form of periodic cash payment, stated as a sum certain, or ordering the obligor to provide health insurance coverage under a policy available through the obligor's payor;
(4) The amount of periodic payments of fees and costs for a support enforcement agency, the issuing tribunal, and the obligee's attorney, stated as a sum certain;
(5) The amount of periodic payments of arrearages and interest on arrearages, stated as a sum certain.
(D) A payor shall comply with the law of the state of the obligor's principal place of employment, if the payor is the obligor's employer, or the payor's principal place of business, in all other cases, for withholding from income with respect to all of the following:
(1) The payor's fee for processing an income withholding order;
(2) The maximum amount permitted to be withheld from the obligor's income;
(3) The times within which the payor must implement the withholding order and forward the support payment.
Cite as R.C. § 3115.33
History. Effective Date: 03-22-2001