(A) As used in this section and sections 3119.30 to 3119.56 of the Revised Code:
(1) "Cash medical support" means an amount ordered to be paid in a child support order toward the cost of health insurance provided by a public entity, another parent, or person with whom the child resides, through employment or otherwise, or for other medical cost not covered by insurance.
(2) "Federal poverty line" has the same meaning as defined in section 5104.01 of the Revised Code.
(3) "Health care" means such medical support that includes coverage under a health insurance plan, payment of costs of premiums, copayments, and deductibles, or payment for medical expenses incurred on behalf of the child.
(4) "Health insurance coverage" means accessible private health insurance that provides primary care services within thirty miles from the residence of the child subject to the child support order.
(5) "Health plan administrator" means any entity authorized under Title XXXIX of the Revised Code to engage in the business of insurance in this state, any health insuring corporation, any legal entity that is self-insured and provides benefits to its employees or members, and the administrator of any such entity or corporation.
(6) "National medical support notice" means a form required by the "Child Support Performance and Incentive Act of 1998," P.L. 105-200, 112 Stat. 659, 42 U.S.C. 666(a)(19), as amended, and jointly developed and promulgated by the secretary of health and human services and the secretary of labor in federal regulations adopted under that act as modified by the department of job and family services under section 3119.291 of the Revised Code.
(7) "Person required to provide health insurance coverage" means the obligor, obligee, or both, required by the court under a court child support order or by the child support enforcement agency under an administrative child support order to provide health insurance coverage pursuant to section 3119.30 of the Revised Code.
(8) Subject to division (B) of this section, "reasonable cost" means the contributing cost of private family health insurance to the person responsible for the health care of the children subject to the child support order that does not exceed an amount equal to five per cent of the annual gross income of that person.
(9) "Title XIX" has the same meaning as in section 5165.01 of the Revised Code.
(B) If the United States secretary of health and human services issues a regulation defining "reasonable cost" or a similar term or phrase relevant to the provisions in child support orders relating to the provision of health care for children subject to the orders, and if that definition is substantively different from the meaning of "reasonable cost" as defined in division (A) of this section, "reasonable cost" as used in this section shall have the meaning as defined by the United States secretary of health and human services.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.
Effective Date: 12-13-2002; 2007 HB119 06-30-2007