(A) Notice shall be sent to an individual described in section 3123.42 of the Revised Code in compliance with section 3121.23 of the Revised Code. The notice shall specify that a court or child support enforcement agency has determined the individual to be in default under a child support order or that the individual is an obligor who has failed to comply with a subpoena or warrant issued by a court or agency with respect to a proceeding to enforce a child support order, that a notice containing the individual's name and social security number or other identification number may be sent to every board that has authority to issue or has issued the individual a license, and that, if the board receives that notice and determines that the individual is the individual named in that notice and the board has not received notice under section 3123.45 or 3123.46 of the Revised Code, all of the following will occur:
(1) The board will not issue any license to the individual or renew any license of the individual.
(2) The board will suspend any license of the individual if it determines that the individual is the individual named in the notice sent to the board under section 3123.43 of the Revised Code.
(3) If the individual is the individual named in the notice, the board will not issue any license to the individual, and will not reinstate a suspended license, until the board receives a notice under section 3123.45 or 3123.46 of the Revised Code.
(B) If an agency makes the determination described in division (A) of section 3123.42 of the Revised Code, it shall not send the notice described in division (A) of this section unless both of the following are the case:
(1) At least ninety days have elapsed since the final and enforceable determination of default;
(2) In the preceding ninety days, the obligor has failed to pay at least fifty per cent of the total monthly obligation due through means other than those described in sections 3123.81 to 3123.85 of the Revised Code.
(C) The department of job and family services shall adopt rules pursuant to section 3123.63 of the Revised Code establishing a uniform pre-suspension notice form that shall be used by agencies that send notice as required by this section.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28,HB 153, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2011.
Effective Date: 03-22-2001