(A) A court of this state may request the appropriate court of another state to do any of the following:
(1) Hold an evidentiary hearing;
(2) Order a person to produce or give evidence pursuant to procedures of that state;
(3) Order that an evaluation be made concerning the allocation of parental rights and responsibilities for the care of a child involved in a pending proceeding with respect to the designation of a parent as the residential parent and legal custodian of the child and with respect to the custody of the child in any other person;
(4) Forward to the court of this state a certified copy of the transcript of the record of the hearing, the evidence otherwise presented, and any evaluation prepared in compliance with the request;
(5) Order a party to a child custody proceeding or any person having physical custody of the child to appear in the proceeding with or without the child.
(B) Upon request of a court of another state, a court of this state may hold a hearing or enter an order described in division (A) of this section.
(C) The court may assess travel and other necessary and reasonable expenses incurred under divisions (A) and (B) of this section against the parties according to the law of this state.
(D) Upon appropriate request by a court or law enforcement official of another state, a court of this state shall forward a certified copy of the pleadings, orders, decrees, records of hearings, evaluations, and other pertinent records with respect to a child custody proceeding to the court or law enforcement official of the other state.
Effective Date: 04-11-2005