(A) Each instrument by which the title to real estate or personal property, or by which any interest in or lien on real estate or personal property, is conveyed, created, encumbered, assigned, discharged, canceled, or otherwise disposed of, and that is presented to the county recorder for recording or filing shall satisfy each of the following requirements:
(1) The instrument shall be of a quality of paper that permits the legible reproduction of the instrument by photographic or microphotographic processes;
(2) The contents of the instrument shall be sufficiently legible to permit their reproduction by photographic or microphotographic processes.
(1) If an instrument that is described in division (A) of this section and that is presented for recording or filing does not satisfy each of the requirements of that division, the county recorder may prior to recording or filing the instrument require the person who presented the instrument for recording or filing to do either of the following:
(a) If the instrument presented was a copy of an original document, to substitute the original document for recording or filing if it satisfies the requirements of division (A) of this section;
(b) To prepare or cause to be prepared, and present for recording or filing a true copy of the instrument, which true copy shall be handwritten or typewritten, satisfy the requirements of division (A) of this section, and contain a certification of the person who prepared the true copy that it is a true copy of the instrument.
(2) The county recorder shall attach a true copy of an instrument that is presented for recording or filing pursuant to division (B)(1)(b) of this section to the instrument that was presented for recording or filing.
(3) The notice that is imparted by the recording or filing of an instrument is not affected if the county recorder accepts an instrument for recording or filing that subsequently is found not to satisfy each of the requirements of division (A) of this section.
(C) This section does not apply to wills or death certificates.
Effective Date: 01-01-1981