Except as otherwise provided, as used in Chapter 323. of the Revised Code:
(A) "Subdivision" means any county, township, school district, or municipal corporation.
(B) "Municipal corporation" includes charter municipalities.
(C) "Taxes" means the total amount of all charges against an entry appearing on a tax list and the duplicate thereof that was prepared and certified in accordance with section 319.28 of the Revised Code, including taxes levied against real estate; taxes on property whose value is certified pursuant to section 5727.23 of the Revised Code; recoupment charges applied pursuant to section 5713.35 of the Revised Code; all assessments; penalties and interest charged pursuant to section 323.121 of the Revised Code; charges added pursuant to section 319.35 of the Revised Code; and all of such charges which remain unpaid from any previous tax year.
(D) "Current taxes" means all taxes charged against an entry on the general tax list and duplicate of real and public utility property that have not appeared on such list and duplicate for any prior tax year and any penalty thereon charged by division (A) of section 323.121 of the Revised Code. Current taxes, whether or not they have been certified delinquent, become delinquent taxes if they remain unpaid after the last day prescribed for payment of the second installment of current taxes without penalty.
(E) "Delinquent taxes" means:
(1) Any taxes charged against an entry on the general tax list and duplicate of real and public utility property that were charged against an entry on such list and duplicate for a prior tax year and any penalties and interest charged against such taxes.
(2) Any current taxes charged on the general tax list and duplicate of real and public utility property that remain unpaid after the last day prescribed for payment of the second installment of such taxes without penalty, whether or not they have been certified delinquent, and any penalties and interest charged against such taxes.
(F) "Current tax year" means, with respect to particular taxes, the calendar year in which the first installment of taxes is due prior to any extension granted under section 323.17 of the Revised Code.
(G) "Liquidated claim" means:
(1) Any sum of money due and payable, upon a written contractual obligation executed between the subdivision and the taxpayer, but excluding any amount due on general and special assessment bonds and notes;
(2) Any sum of money due and payable, for disability financial assistance provided under Chapter 5115. of the Revised Code that is furnished to or in behalf of a subdivision, provided that such claim is recognized by a resolution or ordinance of the legislative body of such subdivision;
(3) Any sum of money advanced and paid to or received and used by a subdivision, pursuant to a resolution or ordinance of such subdivision or its predecessor in interest, and the moral obligation to repay which sum, when in funds, shall be recognized by resolution or ordinance by the subdivision.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.9,HB 1, §101.01, eff. 10/16/2009.
Effective Date: 06-26-2003