(A) As used in this section, "adult education" has the meaning as established under the "adult education act," 102 Stat. 302 (1988), 20 U.S.C. 1201a(2), as amended.
(B) Beginning July 1, 1996, the department of education may distribute state funds to organizations that quality for federal funds under the "Adult Education Act," 102 Stat. 302 (1988), 20 1201 to 1213d, as amended. The funds shall be used by qualifying organizations to provide adult education services. State funds distributed pursuant to this section shall be distributed in accordance with the rules adopted by the state board of education pursuant to this section. Each organization that receives funds under this section shall file program performance reports with the department. The reports shall be filed at times required by state board of education rule and contain assessments of individual students as they enter, progress through, and exit the adult education program; records regarding individual student program participation time; reports of individual student retention rates; and any other information required by rule.
(C) The state board of education shall adopt rules for the distribution of funds under this section. The rules shall include the following:
(1) Requirements for program performance reports.
(2) Indicators of adult education program quality, including indicators of learner achievement, program environment, program planning, curriculum and instruction, staff development, support services, and recruitment and retention.
(3) A formula for the distribution of funds under this section. The formula shall include as a factor an organization's quantifiable success in meeting the indicators of program quality established pursuant to division (C)(2) of this section.
(4) Standards and procedures for reducing or discontinuing funding to organizations that fail to meet the requirements of this section.
(5) Any other requirements or standards considered appropriate by the board.
Effective Date: 07-01-2004