(A) Notwithstanding anything in the Revised Code to the contrary, the department of education shall not assign an overall letter grade under division (C)(3) of section 3302.03 of the Revised Code for any school district or building for the 2014-2015 school year, may, at the discretion of the state board of education, not assign an individual grade to any component prescribed under division (C)(3) of section 3302.03 of the Revised Code, and shall not rank school districts, community schools established under Chapter 3314. of the Revised Code, or STEM schools established under Chapter 3326. of the Revised Code under section 3302.21 of the Revised Code for that school year. The report card ratings issued for the 2014-2015 school year shall not be considered in determining whether a school district or a school is subject to sanctions or penalties. However, the report card ratings of any previous or subsequent years shall be considered in determining whether a school district or building is subject to sanctions or penalties. Accordingly, the report card ratings for the 2014-2015 school year shall have no effect in determining sanctions or penalties, but shall not create a new starting point for determinations that are based on ratings over multiple years.
(B) The provisions from which a district or school is exempt under division (A) of this section shall be the following:
(1) Any restructuring provisions established under this chapter, except as required under the "No Child Left Behind Act of 2001";
(2) Provisions for the Columbus city school pilot project under section 3302.042 of the Revised Code;
(3) Provisions for academic distress commissions under section 3302.10 of the Revised Code;
(4) Provisions prescribing new buildings where students are eligible for the educational choice scholarships under section 3310.03 of the Revised Code;
(5) Provisions defining "challenged school districts" in which new start-up community schools may be located, as prescribed in section 3314.02 of the Revised Code;
(6) Provisions prescribing community school closure requirements under section 3314.35 or 3314.351 of the Revised Code.
Added by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 487, §1, eff. 9/17/2014.