(A) Except as provided in division (B) of this section, upon designation of a school district of innovation under section 3302.062 of the Revised Code, the state board of education shall waive any laws in Title XXXIII of the Revised Code or rules adopted by the state board that are specified in the innovation plan submitted by the district board of education as needing to be waived to implement the plan. The waiver shall apply only to the school or schools participating in the innovation plan and shall not apply to the district as a whole, unless each of the district's schools is a participating school. The waiver shall cease to apply to a school if the school's designation as an innovation school is revoked or the innovation school zone in which the school participates has its designation revoked under section 3302.065 of the Revised Code, or if the school is removed from an innovation school zone under that section or section 3302.064 of the Revised Code.
(B) The state board shall not waive any law or rule regarding the following:
(1) Funding for school districts under Chapter 3317. of the Revised Code;
(2) The requirements of Chapters 3323. and 3324. of the Revised Code for the provision of services to students with disabilities and gifted students;
(3) Requirements related to the provision of career-technical education that are necessary to comply with federal law or maintenance of effort provisions;
(5) Requirements related to the issuance of report cards and the assignment of performance ratings under section 3302.03 of the Revised Code;
(6) Implementation of the model of differentiated accountability under section 3302.041 of the Revised Code;
(7) Requirements for the reporting of data to the department of education;
(8) Criminal records checks of school employees;
(9) The requirements of Chapters 3307. and 3309. regarding the retirement systems for teachers and school employees.
(C) If a district board's revisions to an innovation plan under section 3302.066 of the Revised Code require a waiver of additional laws or state board rules, the state board shall grant a waiver from those laws or rules upon evidence that administrators and teachers have consented to the revisions as required by that section.
Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28,HB 153, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2011.