3309.70 Recovering erroneous payments.

If a person who is a member, former member, contributor, former contributor, retirant, beneficiary, or alternate payee, as defined in section 3105.80 of the Revised Code, is paid any benefit or payment by the school employees retirement system to which the person is not entitled, the benefit shall be repaid to the retirement system by the person. If the person fails to make the repayment, the retirement system shall withhold the amount due from any benefit due the person or the person's beneficiary under this chapter, or may collect the amount in any other manner provided by law.

Effective Date: 01-01-2002.