(A) The department of education annually shall compile the scores attained by scholarship students to whom an assessment is administered under section 3310.14 of the Revised Code. The scores shall be aggregated as follows:
(1) By state, which shall include all students awarded a scholarship under the educational choice scholarship pilot program and who were required to take an assessment under section 3310.14 of the Revised Code;
(2) By school district, which shall include all scholarship students who were required to take an assessment under section 3310.14 of the Revised Code and for whom the district is the student's resident district;
(B) The department shall disaggregate the student performance data described in division (A) of this section according to the following categories:
(1) Grade level;
(2) Race and ethnicity;
(4) Students who have participated in the scholarship program for three or more years;
(5) Students who have participated in the scholarship program for more than one year and less than three years;
(6) Students who have participated in the scholarship program for one year or less;
(7) Economically disadvantaged students.
(C) The department shall post the student performance data required under divisions (A) and (B) of this section on its web site and, by the first day of February each year, shall distribute that data to the parent of each eligible student. In reporting student performance data under this division, the department shall not include any data that is statistically unreliable or that could result in the identification of individual students. For this purpose, the department shall not report performance data for any group that contains less than ten students.
(D) The department shall provide the parent of each scholarship student with information comparing the student's performance on the assessments administered under section 3310.14 of the Revised Code with the average performance of similar students enrolled in the building operated by the student's resident district that the scholarship student would otherwise attend. In calculating the performance of similar students, the department shall consider age, grade, race and ethnicity, gender, and socioeconomic status.
Cite as R.C. § 3310.15
History. Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.128, SB 316, §101.01, eff. 9/24/2012.
Added by 128th General AssemblyFile No.9, HB 1, §101.01, eff. 10/16/2009.