(A) As used in this section:
(3) "Teacher of record" means a teacher who is responsible for the overall academic development and achievement of a student and not merely the student's instruction in any single subject.
(1) It is the intent of the general assembly that teachers employed by internet- or computer-based community schools conduct visits with their students in person throughout the school year .
(2) Each internet- or computer-based community school shall retain an affiliation with at least one full-time teacher of record licensed in accordance with division (A)(10) of section 3314.03 of the Revised Code.
(3) Each student enrolled in an internet- or computer-based community school shall be assigned to at least one teacher of record. No teacher of record shall be primarily responsible for the academic development and achievement of more than one hundred twenty-five students enrolled in the internet- or computer-based community school that has retained that teacher.
(C) For any internet- or computer-based community school, the contract between the sponsor and the governing authority of the school described in section 3314.03 of the Revised Code shall specify each of the following:
(1) A requirement that the school use a filtering device or install filtering software that protects against internet access to materials that are obscene or harmful to juveniles on each computer provided to students for instructional use. The school shall provide such device or software at no cost to any student who works primarily from the student's residence on a computer obtained from a source other than the school.
(2) A plan for fulfilling the intent of the general assembly specified in division (B)(1) of this section. The plan shall indicate the number of times teachers will visit each student throughout the school year and the manner in which those visits will be conducted.
(3) That the school will set up a central base of operation and the sponsor will maintain a representative within fifty miles of that base of operation to provide monitoring and assistance.
Effective Date: 09-29-2005