(A) The amounts required to be paid to a district under this chapter shall be adjusted by the amount of the computations made under divisions (B) to (K) of this section.
As used in this section:
"VEPD" means a school district or group of school districts designated by the department of education as being responsible for the planning for and provision of vocational education services to students within the district or group.
(2) "Lead district" means a school district, including a joint vocational school district, designated by the department as a VEPD, or designated to provide primary vocational education leadership within a VEPD composed of a group of districts.
If a local school district, or a city or exempted village school district to which a governing board of an educational service center provides services pursuant to section 3313.843 of the Revised Code, deduct the amount of the payment required for the reimbursement of the governing board under section 3317.11 of the Revised Code.
(1) If the district is required to pay to or entitled to receive tuition from another school district under division (C)(2) or (3) of section 3313.64 or section 3313.65 of the Revised Code, or if the superintendent of public instruction is required to determine the correct amount of tuition and make a deduction or credit under section 3317.08 of the Revised Code, deduct and credit such amounts as provided in division (J) of section 3313.64 or section 3317.08 of the Revised Code.
(2) For each child for whom the district is responsible for tuition or payment under division (A)(1) of section 3317.082 or section 3323.091 of the Revised Code, deduct the amount of tuition or payment for which the district is responsible.
(D) If the district has been certified by the superintendent of public instruction under section 3313.90 of the Revised Code as not in compliance with the requirements of that section, deduct an amount equal to ten per cent of the amount computed for the district under this chapter.
(E) If the district has received a loan from a commercial lending institution for which payments are made by the superintendent of public instruction pursuant to division (E)(3) of section 3313.483 of the Revised Code, deduct an amount equal to such payments.
(1) If the district is a party to an agreement entered into under division (D), (E), or (F) of section 3311.06 or division (B) of section 3311.24 of the Revised Code and is obligated to make payments to another district under such an agreement, deduct an amount equal to such payments if the district school board notifies the department in writing that it wishes to have such payments deducted.
(2) If the district is entitled to receive payments from another district that has notified the department to deduct such payments under division (F)(1) of this section, add the amount of such payments.
(G) If the district is required to pay an amount of funds to a cooperative education district pursuant to a provision described by division (B)(4) of section 3311.52 or division (B)(8) of section 3311.521 of the Revised Code, deduct such amounts as provided under that provision and credit those amounts to the cooperative education district for payment to the district under division (B)(1) of section 3317.19 of the Revised Code.
(1) If a district is educating a student entitled to attend school in another district pursuant to a shared education contract, compact, or cooperative education agreement other than an agreement entered into pursuant to section 3313.842 of the Revised Code, credit to that educating district on an FTE basis both of the following:
(a) An amount equal to the formula amount.
(b) An amount equal to $5,732 times the state share percentage times any multiple applicable to the student for fiscal year 2009 pursuant to section 3317.013 or 3317.014 of the Revised Code, as those sections existed for that fiscal year.
(2) Deduct any amount credited pursuant to division (H)(1) of this section from amounts paid to the school district in which the student is entitled to attend school pursuant to section 3313.64 or 3313.65 of the Revised Code.
(3) If the district is required by a shared education contract, compact, or cooperative education agreement to make payments to an educational service center, deduct the amounts from payments to the district and add them to the amounts paid to the service center pursuant to section 3317.11 of the Revised Code.
(1) If a district, including a joint vocational school district, is a lead district of a VEPD, credit to that district the following amounts calculated for all the school districts within that VEPD :
(a) In any fiscal year except fiscal year 2012 or 2013, the amount computed under division (D)(2) of section 3317.022 of the Revised Code ;
(b) In fiscal years 2012 and 2013, an amount equal to the following:
state share percentage X .05 X $5,732 X the sum of categories one and two vocational education ADM
(2) Deduct from each appropriate district that is not a lead district, the amount attributable to that district that is credited to a lead district under division (I)(1) of this section.
(J) If the department pays a joint vocational school district under division (G)(4) of section 3317.16 of the Revised Code for excess costs of providing special education and related services to a student with a disability, as calculated under division (G)(2) of that section, the department shall deduct the amount of that payment from the city, local, or exempted village school district that is responsible as specified in that section for the excess costs.
(1) If the district reports an amount of excess cost for special education services for a child under division (C) of section 3323.14 of the Revised Code, the department shall pay that amount to the district.
(2) If the district reports an amount of excess cost for special education services for a child under division (C) of section 3323.14 of the Revised Code, the department shall deduct that amount from the district of residence of that child.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28,HB 153, §101.01, eff. 6/30/2011.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.9,HB 1, §101.01, eff. 7/17/2009.
Effective Date: 08-15-2003; 06-30-2005; 2007 HB119 06-30-2007; 2008 HB562 06-24-2008