(1) "Acquisition of classroom facilities" means constructing, reconstructing, repairing, or making additions to classroom facilities.
(B) There is hereby established the college-preparatory boarding school facilities program. Under the program, the Ohio school facilities commission shall provide assistance to the boards of trustees of college-preparatory boarding schools established under Chapter 3328. of the Revised Code for the acquisition of classroom facilities.
(1) The commission, in consultation with the board of trustees of a college-preparatory boarding school, shall determine the basic project cost based on all campus facilities needed for the school's programs and operations and shall take into account any unique spaces or square footages needed for such facilities when calculating the basic project cost. Regardless of the inclusion of nonclassroom facilities in the calculation of the basic project cost, state funds provided under the program shall be used only to pay for the acquisition of classroom facilities that do not exceed the construction and design standards established by the commission.
(2) To be eligible for assistance under the program, the board of trustees of a college-preparatory boarding school shall secure at least twenty million dollars of private money to satisfy its share of the basic project cost. Funds provided by the board may be used for any type of facility.
(3) A college-preparatory boarding school shall not be included in the ranking required by section 3318.011 of the Revised Code. The commission shall initiate procedures for the school's project when the contract required by section 3328.12 of the Revised Code has been executed.
(4) No requirement related to the issuance of bonds or securities or the levying of taxes by a school district shall apply to a college-preparatory boarding school or its board of trustees.
(5) The agreement entered into by the commission with the board of trustees of a college-preparatory boarding school under section 3318.08 of the Revised Code shall provide for termination of the contract and release of the funds encumbered at the time of the project's conditional approval, if the board fails to secure the amount specified in division (C)(2) of this section within such period after the execution of the agreement as may be fixed by the commission.
(D) Within the ninety-day period immediately following the effective date of this section, the commission shall adopt rules necessary for the implementation and administration of the program.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.58, HB 157, §1, eff. 12/21/2011.
Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2011.