(A) If a child who is a school resident of one school district receives special education from another district, the board of education of the district providing the education, subject to division (C) of this section, may require the payment by the board of education of the district of residence of a sum not to exceed one of the following, as applicable:
(1) For any child except a preschool child with a disability described in division (A)(2) of this section, the tuition of the district providing the education for a child of normal needs of the same school grade. The determination of the amount of such tuition shall be in the manner provided for by division (A) of section 3317.08 of the Revised Code.
(2) For any preschool child with a disability , the tuition of the district providing the education for the child as calculated under division (B) of section 3317.08 of the Revised Code, multiplied by 0.50.
(B) The board of the district of residence may contract with the board of another district for the transportation of such child into any school in such other district, on terms agreed upon by such boards. Upon direction of the state board of education, the board of the district of residence shall pay for the child's transportation and the tuition.
(C) The board of education of a district providing the education for a child shall be entitled to require payment from the district of residence under this section or section 3323.14 of the Revised Code only if the district providing the education has done at least one of the following:
(1) Invited the district of residence to send representatives to attend the meetings of the team developing the child's individualized education program;
(2) Received from the district of residence a copy of the individualized education program or a multifactored evaluation developed for the child by the district of residence;
(3) Informed the district of residence in writing that the district is providing the education for the child.
As used in division (C)(2) of this section, "multifactored evaluation" means an evaluation, conducted by a multidisciplinary team, of more than one area of the child's functioning so that no single procedure shall be the sole criterion for determining an appropriate educational program placement for the child.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.
Effective Date: 07-01-1998; 06-30-2006; 2007 HB119 09-29-2007
Note: This section is set out twice. See also § 3323.13 , as amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 64, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2015.