(A) The department of education shall contract with an entity to administer programs and coordinate services for infants, preschool and school-age children, and adults with autism and low incidence disabilities. The entity shall be selected by the superintendent of public instruction in consultation with the advisory board established under section 3323.33 of the Revised Code. The contract with the entity selected shall include, but not be limited to, the following provisions:
(1) A description of the programs to be administered and services to be provided or coordinated by the entity, which shall include at least the duties prescribed by sections 3323.34 and 3323.35 of the Revised Code;
(2) A description of the expected outcomes from the programs administered and services provided or coordinated by the entity;
(3) A stipulation that the entity's performance is subject to evaluation by the department and renewal of the entity's contract is subject to the department's satisfaction with the entity's performance;
(4) A description of the measures and milestones the department will use to determine whether the performance of the entity is satisfactory;
(5) Any other provision the department determines is necessary to ensure the quality of services to individuals with autism and low incidence disabilities.
(B) In selecting the entity under division (A) of this section, the superintendent and the advisory board shall give primary consideration to the Ohio Center for Autism and Low Incidence, established under section 3323.31 of the Revised Code, as long as the principal goals and mission of the Center, as determined by the superintendent and the advisory board, are consistent with the requirements of divisions (A)(1) to (5) of this section.
Effective Date: 2008 HB562 09-22-2008