(A) After review of the items submitted under division (A) of section 333.03 of the Revised Code, and after receipt of the certification from the director of development services under division (B) of that section, a board of county commissioners, before June 1, 2015, may enter into an agreement under section 333.02 of the Revised Code, provided that the board has determined all of the following:
(1) The proposed impact facility is economically sound;
(2) Construction of the proposed impact facility has not begun prior to the day the agreement is entered into;
(3) The impact facility will benefit the county by increasing employment opportunities and strengthening the local and regional economy; and
(4) Receiving payments from the board of county commissioners is a major factor in the person's decision to go forward with construction of the impact facility.
(B) An agreement entered into under this section shall include all of the following:
(1) A description of the impact facility that is the subject of the agreement, including the existing investment level, if any, the proposed amount of investments, the scheduled starting and completion dates for the facility, and the number and type of full-time equivalent positions to be created at the facility;
(2) The percentage of the county sales and use tax collected at the impact facility that will be used to make payments to the person entering into the agreement;
(3) The term of the payments and the first calendar quarter in which the person may apply for a payment under section 333.06 of the Revised Code;
(4) A requirement that the amount of payments made to the person during the term established under division (B)(3) of this section shall not exceed the person's qualifying investment, and that all payments cease when that amount is reached;
(5) A requirement that the person maintain operations at the impact facility for at least the term established under division (B)(3) of this section;
(6) A requirement that the person annually certify to the board of county commissioners, on or before a date established by the board in the agreement, the level of investment in, the number of employees and type of full-time equivalent positions at, and the amount of county sales and use tax collected and remitted to the tax commissioner or treasurer of state from sales made at, the facility;
(7) A provision stating that the creation of the proposed impact facility does not involve the relocation of any full-time equivalent positions or any tangible personal property to the impact facility from another facility owned by the person, or a related member of the person, that is located in another political subdivision of this state, other than the political subdivision in which the impact facility is or will be located;
A detailed explanation of how the person determined that more than fifty per cent of the visitors to the facility live at least fifty miles from the facility.
(C) No payment may be made under this chapter to a person that is found to be in violation of the provision described in division (B)(7) of this section.
Cite as R.C. § 333.04
History. Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.
Effective Date: 06-30-2006; 2006 HB699 03-29-2007