(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Articulation agreement" means an agreement between two or more state institutions of higher education to facilitate the transfer of students and credits between such institutions.
(3) "Two year college" includes a community college, state community college, technical college, and university branch.
(B) The chancellor of the Ohio board of regents shall adopt rules establishing a statewide system for articulation agreements among state institutions of higher education for transfer students pursuing teacher education programs. The rules shall require an articulation agreement between institutions to include all of the following:
(1) The development of a transfer module for teacher education that includes introductory level courses that are evaluated as appropriate by faculty employed by the state institutions of higher education that are parties to the articulation agreement;
(2) A foundation of general studies courses that have been identified as part of the transfer module for teacher education and have been evaluated as appropriate for the preparation of teachers and consistent with the academic content standards adopted under section 3301.079 of the Revised Code;
(3) A clear identification of university faculty who are partnered with two year college faculty;
(4) The publication of the articulation agreement that is available to all students, faculty, and staff.
Cite as R.C. § 3333.161
History. Effective Date: 06-09-2004; 2007 HB2 05-15-2007