(A) The chancellor of the Ohio board of regents may designate a "certificate of value" for a certificate program at any adult career-technical education institution or state institution of higher education, as defined under section 3345.011 of the Revised Code, based on the standards adopted under division (B) of this section.
(B) The chancellor shall develop standards for designation of the certificates of value for certificate programs at adult career-technical education institutions and state institutions of higher education. The standards shall include at least the following considerations:
(1) The quality of the certificate program;
(2) The ability to transfer agreed-upon technical courses completed through an adult career-technical education institution to a state institution of higher education without unnecessary duplication or institutional barriers;
(3) The extent to which the certificate program encourages a student to obtain an associate's or bachelor's degree;
(4) The extent to which the certificate program increases a student's likelihood to complete other certificate programs or an associate's or bachelor's degree;
(5) The ability of the certificate program to meet the expectations of the workplace and higher education;
(6) The extent to which the certificate program is aligned with the strengths of the regional economy;
(7) The extent to which the certificate program increases the amount of individuals who remain in or enter the state's workforce;
(8) The extent of a certificate program's relationship with private companies in the state to fill potential job growth.
(C) The designation of a certificate of value under this section shall expire six years after its designation date.
(D) The chancellor may revoke a designation prior to its expiration date if the chancellor determines that the program no longer complies with the standards developed under division (B) of this section.
(E) Any revocation of a certificate of value under this section shall become effective one hundred eighty days after the date the revocation was declared by the chancellor.
(F) Any adult career-technical education institution or state institution of higher education that desires to be eligible to receive a designation of certificate of value for one or more of its certificate programs shall comply with all records and data requests required by the chancellor.
Added by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.