As used in sections 3333.37 to 3333.375 of the Revised Code, the following words and terms have the following meanings unless the context indicates a different meaning or intent:
(A) "Cost of attendance" means all costs of a student incurred in connection with a program of study at an eligible institution, as determined by the institution, including tuition; instructional fees; room and board; books, computers, and supplies; and other related fees, charges, and expenses.
(B) "Eligible institution" means one of the following:
(1) A state-assisted post-secondary educational institution within the state;
(2) A nonprofit institution of higher education within the state that holds a certificate of authorization issued under Chapter 1713. of the Revised Code, that is accredited by the appropriate regional and, when appropriate, professional accrediting associations within whose jurisdiction it falls, is authorized to grant a bachelor's degree or higher, and satisfies other conditions as set forth in the policy guidelines;
(3) A private institution exempt from regulation under Chapter 3332. of the Revised Code as prescribed in section 3333.046 of the Revised Code.
(C) "Eligible student" means either of the following:
(1) An undergraduate student who meets all of the following:
(a) Is a resident of this state;
(b) Has graduated from any Ohio secondary school for which the state board of education prescribes minimum standards in accordance with section 3301.07 of the Revised Code;
(c) Is attending and in good standing, or has been accepted for attendance, at any eligible institution as a full-time student to pursue a bachelor's degree.
(2) A graduate student who is a resident of this state, and is attending and in good standing, or has been accepted for attendance, at any eligible institution.
(D) "Fellowship" or "fellowship program" means the Ohio priority needs fellowship created by sections 3333.37 to 3333.375 of the Revised Code.
(E) "Full-time student" has the meaning as defined by rule of the chancellor of the Ohio board of regents.
(F) "Ohio outstanding scholar" means a student who is the recipient of a scholarship under sections 3333.37 to 3333.375 of the Revised Code.
(G) "Policy guidelines" means the rules adopted by the chancellor pursuant to section 3333.374 of the Revised Code.
(H) "Priority needs fellow" means a student who is the recipient of a fellowship under sections 3333.37 to 3333.375 of the Revised Code.
(I) "Priority needs field of study" means those academic majors and disciplines as determined by the chancellor that support the purposes and intent of sections 3333.37 to 3333.375 of the Revised Code as described in section 3333.371 of the Revised Code.
(J) "Scholarship" or "scholarship program" means the Ohio outstanding scholarship created by sections 3333.37 to 3333.375 of the Revised Code.
Effective Date: 02-20-2002; 2007 HB2 05-15-2007