This section does not apply to any baccalaureate degree program that is a cooperative education program, as defined in section 3333.71 of the Revised Code.
(A) The chancellor of the Ohio board of regents shall require all state institutions of higher education that offer baccalaureate degrees, as a condition of reauthorization for certification of each baccalaureate program offered by the institution, to submit a statement describing how each major for which the school offers a baccalaureate degree may be completed within three academic years. The chronology of the statement shall begin with the fall semester of a student's first year of the baccalaureate program.
(B) The statement required under this section may include, but not be limited to, any of the following methods to contribute to earning a baccalaureate degree in three years:
(1) Advanced placement credit;
(2) International baccalaureate program credit;
(3) A waiver of degree and credit-hour requirements by completion of courses that are widely available at community colleges in the state or through online programs offered by state institutions of higher education or private nonprofit institutions of higher education holding certificates of authorization under Chapter 1713. of the Revised Code, and through courses taken by the student through the post-secondary enrollment options program under Chapter 3365. of the Revised Code;
(4) Completion of coursework during summer sessions;
(5) A waiver of foreign-language degree requirements based on a proficiency examination specified by the institution.
(1) Not later than October 15, 2012, each state institution of higher education shall provide statements required under this section for ten per cent of all baccalaureate degree programs offered by the institution.
(2) Not later than June 30, 2014, each state institution of higher education shall provide statements required under this section for sixty per cent of all baccalaureate degree programs offered by the institution.
(D) Each state institution of higher education required to submit statements under this section shall post its three-year option on its web site and also provide that information to the department of education. The department shall distribute that information to the superintendent, high school principal, and guidance counselor, or equivalents, of each school district, community school established under Chapter 3314. of the Revised Code, and STEM school established under Chapter 3326. of the Revised Code.
(E) Nothing in this section requires an institution to take any action that would violate the requirements of any independent association accrediting baccalaureate degree programs.
Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2011.