(A) All of the following individuals shall jointly develop a proposal for the creation of a primary care nursing student component of the choose Ohio first scholarship program operated under section 3333.61 of the Revised Code under which scholarships are annually made available and awarded to advanced practice nursing students who meet the requirements specified in division (D) of this section:
(1) The dean of the college of nursing at the university of Toledo;
(2) The dean of the Wright state university college of nursing and health;
(3) The dean of the college of nursing at Kent state university;
(4) The dean of the university of Akron college of nursing;
(5) The director of the school of nursing at Ohio university.
(B) The individuals specified in division (A) of this section shall consider including the following provisions in the proposal:
(1) Establishing a scholarship of sufficient size to permit annually not more than thirty advanced practice nursing students to receive scholarships;
(2) Specifying that a scholarship, once granted, may be provided to an advanced practice nursing student for not more than three years.
(C) The individuals specified in division (A) of this section shall submit the proposal for the component to the chancellor of higher education not later than six months after September 6, 2010. The chancellor shall review the proposal and determine whether to implement the component as part of the program.
(D) To be eligible for a scholarship made available under the component, an advanced practice nursing student shall meet all of the following requirements:
(1) Participate in identified patient centered medical home model training opportunities during nursing school;
(2) Commit to an advanced practice nursing primary care practice in this state after completing nursing school for not less than three years;
(3) Accept medicaid recipients as patients, without restriction and, as compared to other patients, in a proportion that is specified in the scholarship.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 64, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2015.
Added by 128th General AssemblyFile No.36, HB 198, §1, eff. 9/6/2010.