(1) Employ and fix the compensation of an executive director of the network and such other personnel as are necessary to carry out this section and sections 3375.64 and 3375.67 of the Revised Code. The board may designate positions in the unclassified civil service for which it may employ persons.
(2) Develop plans of service and operation for the Ohio public library information network in consultation with the state library of Ohio;
(3) Have exclusive control of the expenditure of all money held in the name of the network;
(4) Adopt bylaws for the governance of the network and for calling and conducting the board's meetings;
(5) Appoint the state library of Ohio as the board's fiscal agent. When so appointed, the state library shall serve as fiscal agent and shall provide all of the following services:
(a) Prepare and process payroll and other personnel documents that the board approves;
(b) Maintain ledgers of accounts and reports of account balances, and monitor budgets and allotment plans in consultation with the board;
(c) Provide purchasing services to facilitate the purchase of property approved by the board;
(d) Deposit revenues received on behalf of the board into the accounts maintained by the board;
(e) Perform other routine support services that the state librarian or the state librarian's designee and the board or the board's designee consider appropriate to achieve efficiency.
(B) The board of trustees may do any of the following:
(2) Receive grants, payments, bequests, and gifts on behalf of the network;
(3) Expend, for the network purpose under section 3375.64 of the Revised Code, and in the exercise of the powers enumerated in this section, all money received as grants, payments, gifts, bequests, or otherwise, and generally do all things the board determines necessary for the establishment, maintenance, and improvement of the network;
(4) Purchase, lease, or otherwise acquire vehicles and other personal property for the maintenance and operation of the network;
(5) Purchase, erect, lease, lease with an option to purchase, appropriate, or otherwise improve, equip, and furnish buildings or parts of buildings and other real property for use by the network;
(6) Hold title to and have custody of property, both real and personal, of the network.
Effective Date: 2008 SB185 06-20-2008
Related Legislative Provision: See 129th General AssemblyFile No.39, SB 171, §4