(A) Except as otherwise provided in division (E) of this section, any person or organization that makes door-to-door solicitations for contributions to influence legislation, for contributions to influence the actions of any regulatory agency, or for contributions to support or oppose the campaign of any candidate for political office shall report in writing to the secretary of state by the thirty-first day of July of each year with regard to actions taken during the first six months of that calendar year, and by the thirty-first day of January of each year with regard to actions taken during the second six months of the previous calendar year, all of the following:
(1) The name and address of the solicitor and of the organization, if any, for which the solicitation is made, and the name and address of the organization's director or chief executive officer;
(2) The name and address of each person or organization from which it received one or more contributions, and the amount and date of each such contribution;
(3) A complete list of all receipts and expenditures it has made to influence legislation, to influence the actions of any regulatory agency, or to support or oppose the campaign of any candidate for political office.
(B) Before making any solicitation described in division (A) of this section, the solicitor shall give the person being solicited a written notice that contains all of the following:
(1) The information described in division (A)(1) of this section;
(2) A list of any purposes for which money contributed might be used;
(3) The amount of compensation, if any, being paid to the solicitor;
(4) A statement that the person being solicited may refuse to make a contribution without suffering any reprisal.
(C) No person or organization shall fail to comply with the requirements of division (A) or (B) of this section.
Effective Date: 10-05-1987 .