(A) No elections official serving as a registrar or judge of elections shall do any of the following:
(1) Fail to appear before the board of elections, or its representative, after notice has been served personally upon the official or left at the official's usual place of residence, for examination as to the official's qualifications;
(2) Fail to appear at the polling place to which the official is assigned at the hour and during the hours set for the registration or election;
(4) Refuse or sanction the refusal of another registrar or judge of elections to administer an oath required by law;
(5) Fail to send notice to the board of the appointment of a judge to fill a vacancy;
(6) Act as registrar or judge without having been appointed and having received a certificate of appointment, except a judge appointed to fill a vacancy caused by absence or removal;
(7) Fail in any other way to perform any duty imposed by law.
(B) Whoever violates division (A) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.105,SB 295, §1, eff. 8/15/2012.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.40,HB 194, §1 Made subject to referendum in the Nov. 6, 2012 election. The version of this section thus amended was repealed by 129th General AssemblyFile No.105,SB 295, §1, eff. 8/15/2012.
Effective Date: 12-09-1997; 2007 HB119 09-29-2007