(A) No person shall do any of the following:
(1) By force, fraud, or other improper means, obtain or attempt to obtain possession of the ballots, ballot boxes, or pollbooks;
(2) Recklessly destroy any property used in the conduct of elections;
(3) Attempt to intimidate an election officer, or prevent an election official from performing the official's duties;
(4) Knowingly tear down, remove, or destroy any of the registration lists or sample ballots furnished by the board of elections at the polling place;
(5) Loiter in or about a registration or polling place during registration or the casting and counting of ballots so as to hinder, delay, or interfere with the conduct of the registration or election;
(6) Remove from the voting place the pencils, cards of instruction, supplies, or other conveniences furnished to enable the voter to mark the voter's ballot.
(B) Whoever violates division (A)(1) or (2) of this section is guilty of a felony of the fifth degree. Whoever violates division (A)(3) , (4), (5), or (6) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree.
Effective Date: 07-01-1996; 05-02-2006