(A) As used in this section:
(B) Any of the following health care professionals who attends a pregnant woman for conditions relating to pregnancy before the end of the twentieth week of pregnancy and who has reason to believe that the woman is using or has used a controlled substance in a manner that may place the woman's fetus in jeopardy shall encourage the woman to enroll in a drug treatment program offered by a provider of addiction services or alcohol and drug addiction services:
(1) Physicians authorized under Chapter 4731. of the Revised Code to practice medicine and surgery or osteopathic medicine and surgery;
(2) Registered nurses and licensed practical nurses licensed under Chapter 4723. of the Revised Code;
(3) Physician assistants licensed under Chapter 4730. of the Revised Code.
(C) A health care professional is immune from civil liability and is not subject to criminal prosecution with regard to both of the following:
(1) Failure to recognize that a pregnant woman has used or is using a controlled substance in a manner that may place the woman's fetus in jeopardy;
(2) Any action taken in good faith compliance with this section.
Added by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, SB 319, §1, eff. 4/6/2017.