(A) The department of health shall establish the help me grow program to encourage early prenatal and well-baby care, as well as provide parenting education to promote the comprehensive health and development of children. The program shall
also provide home visiting services to families with a pregnant woman or an infant or toddler under three years of age who meet the eligibility requirements established in rules adopted under this section
(B) The director of health may enter into an interagency agreement with one or more state agencies to implement the help me grow program and ensure coordination of early childhood programs.
(C) The director may distribute help me grow program funds through contracts, grants, or subsidies to entities providing services under the program.
As a condition of receiving payments for home visiting services, providers shall report to the director data on the program performance indicators that are used to assess progress toward achieving the goals of the program. The report shall include data on the performance indicator of birth outcomes, including risk indicators of low birth weight and preterm births, and data on all other performance indicators specified in rules adopted under this section. The providers shall report the data in the format and within the time frames specified in the rules.
The director shall prepare an annual report on the data received from the providers.
(E) Pursuant to Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, the director shall adopt rules that are necessary and proper to implement this section. The rules shall specify all of the following:
(1) Eligibility requirements for home visiting services ;
(2) Eligibility requirements for providers of home visiting services ;
(3) Standards and procedures for the provision of program services, including data collection, program monitoring, and program evaluation;
(4) Procedures for appealing the denial of an application for program services or the termination of services;
(5) Procedures for appealing the denial of an application to become a provider of program services or the termination of the department's approval of a provider;
(6) Procedures for addressing complaints;
(7) The program performance indicators on which data must be reported by providers of home visiting services under division (D) of this section, which, to the extent possible, shall be consistent with federal reporting requirements for federally funded home visiting services;
(8) The format in which reports must be submitted under division (D) of this section and the time frames within which the reports must be submitted;
(9) Criteria for payment of approved providers of program services;
(10) Any other rules necessary to implement the program.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 483, §101.01, eff. 10/12/2016.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2011.
Effective Date: 09-26-2003