(2) "Child care facility" means a child day-care center, a type A family day-care home, or a licensed type B family day-care home.
(5) "Hospital" means a hospital classified pursuant to rules adopted under section 3701.07 of the Revised Code as a general hospital or children's hospital and to which either of the following applies:
(a) The hospital has a maternity unit.
(b) The hospital receives for care infants who have been transferred to it from other facilities and who have never been discharged to their residences following birth.
(6) "Infant" means a child who is less than one year of age.
(7) "Maternity unit" means the distinct portion of a hospital licensed as a maternity unit under Chapter 3711. of the Revised Code.
(8) "Other person responsible for the infant" includes a foster caregiver.
(9) "Parent" means either parent, unless the parents are separated or divorced or their marriage has been dissolved or annulled, in which case "parent" means the parent who is the residential parent and legal custodian of the child. "Parent" also means a prospective adoptive parent with whom a child is placed.
(10) "Shaken baby syndrome" means signs and symptoms, including, but not limited to, retinal hemorrhages in one or both eyes, subdural hematoma, or brain swelling, resulting from the violent shaking or the shaking and impacting of the head of an infant or small child.
(B) The director of health shall establish the shaken baby syndrome education program by doing all of the following:
(1) Developing educational materials that present readily comprehendible information on shaken baby syndrome;
(2) Making available on the department of health web site in an easily accessible format the educational materials developed under division (B)(1) of this section;
(C) In meeting the requirements under division (B) of this section, the director shall develop educational materials that , to the extent possible, minimize administrative or financial burdens on any of the entities or persons listed in section 3701.64 of the Revised Code.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, SB 276, §1, eff. 3/19/2015.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 394, §1, eff. 3/19/2015.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.128, SB 316, §120.01, eff. 1/1/2014.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127, HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.39, SB 171, §1, eff. 6/30/2011.
Effective Date: 2007 SB144 02-29-2008