(A) If the department of health establishes the intergovernmental council as permitted by division (B)(3) of section 3701.77 of the Revised Code, the department shall seek to ensure coordination of lupus education and awareness efforts. The director of health shall serve as the council's chairperson. The council shall include representatives from appropriate state departments and agencies, including entities with responsibility for health disparities, medicaid, public health programs, education, and public welfare.
(B) The council shall do all of the following:
(1) Provide oversight to the lupus education and awareness program, as well as other lupus programs conducted by the department;
(2) Develop and issue grant applications and policies and procedures for programs aimed at health professionals and the public;
(3) Establish a mechanism for sharing information on lupus among all officials and employees involved in carrying out lupus-related programs;
(4) Assist the department and other offices in developing and coordinating plans for education and health promotion on lupus and ensure that issues related to lupus are integrated into other statewide plans;
(5) Prepare an annual report that describes educational initiatives on lupus sponsored by the state and make recommendations for new educational initiatives on lupus. The report shall be transmitted to the general assembly and be made available to the public.
Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127, HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.