(A) The department of health shall create an infant mortality scorecard. The scorecard shall report all of the following:
(1) The state's performance on population health measures, including the infant mortality r ate, preterm birth rate, and low birth weight rate, delineated by race, ethnic group, region of the state, and the state as a whole;
(2) Preliminary data the department possesses on the state's unexpected infant death rate;
(3) To the extent such information is available, the state's performance on outcome measures identified by the department that are related to preconception health, reproductive health, prenatal care, labor and delivery, smoking, infant safe sleep practices, breastfeeding, and behavioral health, delineated by race, ethnic group, region of the state, and the state as a whole;
(4) A comparison of the state's performance on the population health measures specified in division (A) (1) of this section and, to the extent such information is available, the state's performance o n outcome measures specified in division (A) (3) of this section with the targets for the measures, or the targets for the objectives similar to the measures, established by the United States department of health and human services through the healthy people 2020 initiative or a subsequent initiative;
(5) Any other information on maternal and child health t hat the department considers appropriate.
(B) The scorecard shall be updated each calendar quarter and made available on the department's internet web site.
(C) The scorecard shall include a description of the data sources and methodology used to complete the scorecard.
Added by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, SB 332, §1, eff. 4/6/2017.